I have NDIS funding, so how does it work at Brisbane Specialist Suites?
We are a Specialist Medical Practice. The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) does not provide funding to cover medical appointments. Therefore appointments with Dr Llewellyn are not covered by this scheme. If you would like a rebate after a Medical Doctor Consultation, you must submit your claim via Medicare. Medicare is the only government agency that provides a rebate for medical consultations.
What should I bring to my appointment?
- Referral letter from your General Practitioner or referring Specialist
- Private Health Insurance Details (which may provide additional rebate for allied health appointments)
- Prior treatment records
- List of current medications
As a Patient, Parent, Caregiver or Guardian, what should I expect?
Dr Llewellyn believes in working collaboratively and sensitively with you and your community supports (including family members or other professionals) to help establish an appropriate individual treatment plan that is suitable for your needs.
If you would like a significant support person to attend your appointment with you, please feel free to arrange to do so.
What are your fees?
Due to the costs associated with running a private medical practice, our practice does not bulk bill. The cost of your appointment will vary depending on the length and nature of the session. ‘The gap’ refers to the monetary difference between what our Specialist may charge you and the Medicare rebate – this is also referred to as the ‘out-of-pocket cost’. We do not accept payments from third parties like Insurance Companies, Law firms or Governmental departments. All fees are to be paid on the day by the patient/account holder.
A significant Medicare rebate is available for all clinical appointments with our Psychiatrists, provided you have a current referral at the time of consultation. This is particularly helpful if longer-term therapy or management is required. A General Practitioner can provide a 12-month or an indefinite referral to a Psychiatrist, depending on your needs.
Medicare Safety Net
Patients who require ongoing treatment are encouraged to register for the Medicare Safety Net, which is designed to protect high users of health services from large out-of-pocket expenses. For more information on the Medicare Safety Net, go to: https://www.humanservices.gov.au/customer/forms/ms016
Discounted Parking – where do I park?
There is very limited street parking available on Wickham Terrace. Paid parking is available but this may need to be booked in advance.
Can I catch public transport to the suites?
Yes and we encourage you to do this if you feel comfortable. Not only is it great for the environment, it offers a level of convenience that inner city car parking cannot offer. Please us the My Translink app to investigate your options in advance of your appointment.
How do I cancel my appointment?
Please provide 2 business days’ notice in the event you wish to cancel your appointment. By giving us notice of your cancellation, you allow another patient in need on our waiting list to have the chance of a Specialist Appointment.
Is there a waiting list to see a Specialist?
Yes. To ensure your appointment is given the priority it requires, please ensure that your referring doctor provides a detailed referral.
Do you use cancellation lists?
There is always an opportunity to be seen earlier by Dr Llewellyn, especially when we have a cancellation. We use a dynamic ‘cancellation list’ process whereby we actively try to offer you reduced waiting-list times by offering you an appointment on days where patients have cancelled.
How do I pay for my appointment?
Our practice only accepts debit cards or credit cards. We do not accept cheques or cash.
If you are a parent/guardian and you are not present for your child’s appointment, you will be required to provide payment in full on the same day. Please contact our friendly reception staff ahead of the scheduled appointment time.
What are my responsibilities as a patient?
- Patients have a responsibility to provide a valid referral to the treating Specialist: we cannot process a Medicare rebate on your behalf unless you provide us with a valid referral at the time of the consultation.
- Patients have a responsibility to provide an accurate and complete medical history, and to participate in a risk assessment and other matters relating to their health current health: failure to do so may result in adverse outcomes.
- Patients have a responsibility to meet their financial obligations with regard to their appointment on the day, including fees incurred as per the cancellation policy. Fees cannot be waived or altered by reception staff.
- Patients have a responsibility to conduct themselves in a respectful manner in communications and interactions with reception staff; either in person, on the phone, via email, via messages or via text message. This means the use of inappropriate, threatening or abusive language and behaviour towards the Specialist or Reception Team will not be tolerated.
Emergency Support Listings
Due to the high demand for our Specialists, we appreciate that we might not always be able to offer support to you as quickly as we would like. With this in mind, we have prepared the following to assist you and your loved ones in finding emergency support as quickly as possible while you wait to see Dr Llewellyn.