Contemplate Tx is a central Brisbane Eating Disorder Service that combines comprehensive Medical, Psychological and Nutritional Assessment and Treatment at Brisbane Specialist Suites. Whether you are concerned about your body image or eating patterns, or concerned about your loved one, our Contemplate Tx team at Brisbane Specialist Suites provide treatment for a range of nutritional challenges affecting individuals across the age range.
*Please note that changes to the number of medicare sessions will occur in November 2019 under the Medicare Better Access Scheme – The new medicare support will allow Australians with Eating Disorders to access up to 60 sessions of treatment comprising of 40 psychotherapeutic sessions and 20 Dietitic sessions. Please call medicare for more details.
When you receive treatment from our Multidisciplinary Team, you can be confident that your physical and emotional needs will be catered for with a single visit. This allows you to have more time to simply focus on your Recovery.
- Support for Parents coping with Fussy Eating affecting Toddlers and Children
- Nutritional Support for children with Sensory or Developmental Disorders (e.g., Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, Autism Spectrum Disorder including Asperger’s Syndrome, Sensory Processing Disorders)
- Body Image Concerns including Early Intervention Group Therapy (Contemplate Tx) for girls and boys
- Problem Dieting or “Yo-Yo” Dieting
- Restrictive Eating Disorders (Anorexia Nervosa, Orthorexia)
- Emotional Eating or Overeating
- Binge Eating Disorders including Bulimia Nervosa
- Patients considering or recovering from Bariatric Surgery (including Gastric Banding, Gastric Bypass or Partial Gastrectomy)